Willie Mullins Irish Champion National Hunt Trainer
Alkali replacer for horses
Neutracid is a body acid neutraliser and alkali replacer for horses. Sodium Citrate has a neutralising effect on lactic acid which accumulates in the bloodstream and muscle tissues. Citric Acid metabolites act as a buffer when there is an alkali deficiency or if acidosis occurs.
We have stockists all over the world
Can't find somebody in your country? Get in touch with us and we would be delighted to help!
Donald McCain Racehorse Trainer
Accumulation of lactic acid in the blood and muscles can cause muscle stiffness, muscle cramping (“tying-up”) and damage to the muscle fibres. This means that muscles cannot carry out their normal function of contraction and relaxation during exercise. Muscles then enter a state of suspended contraction or muscle cramp (“tie-up”). Certain individual horses are more prone to muscle cramping than others. This is a matter requiring careful management by all horsemen. A prudent nutritional and training strategy can significantly reduce or eliminate the incidence of muscle cramp.
Neutracid neutralizes excessive lactic acid build up in the blood and muscle tissues and replenishes depleted alkali reserves whilst returning the pH value of the blood to normal.
- Sodium Citrate has a neutralising effect on lactic acid that accumulates in the blood stream and muscle tissues.
- Citric Acid metabolites act as a buffer when there is an alkali deficiency or if acidosis occurs.
- Neutracid when used as part of a nutritional strategy can help reduce the incidence of acidosis and hydration.
- Neutracid encourages horses to drink more and in turn will increase urination.
- Acids and Alkalis must balance in the blood. Supplementation of Neutracid creates neutrality in the blood and muscles providing optimum conditions for performance
- All horses to race at their peak for longer periods.
- Horses in training: 90ml per day in the evening feed.
- After competition: Give an extra 30ml in the evening feed.
- NEUTRACID should be fed in conjunction with an electrolyte, such as Electrolyte Gold.
- Do not exceed the recommended feeding instructions without consulting your Nutritionist or Veterinarian.
- Horses should always have access to fresh drinking water.
Neutracid should be fed in conjunction with an electrolyte, such as Electrolyte Gold. Do not exceed the recommended feeding instructions without consulting your Nutritionist or Veterinarian. Horses should always have access to fresh drinking water.
|per 90ml||per 1 litre|
Other Related Products
Balanced multi-vitamin & mineral solution.
B Vitamin Booster Syringe.
Formulated for performance horses to nutritionally support pulmonary function.
Bioactive is a pre race/competition energy booster syringe.
Cold clay which cools, soothes and tightens hot tired legs.